Rachel Denktas is active in the firm’s public international law and commercial law practice. She has assisted in litigating cases on behalf of the Republic of Turkey, foreign national banks, and North Cyprus. In addition to litigation work, she is involved in consulting foreign states and commercial entities on legislative and commercial affairs. She has experience in all aspects of U.S. sovereign immunity law.
Denktas received her Juris Doctor from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law in 2011 and her Bachelor of Arts degree from Georgetown University in 2006. As a student at Georgetown, she participated in the McGhee Center Program for Eastern Mediterranean Studies in Alanya, Turkey.
- District of Columbia
- New York
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2011, Managing Editor, Ohio State Law Journal.
- The George Washington University Law School, Visiting Student, 2010-11
- Georgetown University, B.A., 2006
- Program, Boğaziçi Universitesi, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Assembly of Turkish American Associations
- American Friends of Turkey
- Turkish, Conversational